Friday, July 28, 2017

Catch up!

So now that I got my vacation pictures all caught up, we can just go on to our normal, boring life!
Last week we didn't do much but recover, get back onto our normal schedules and get caught up with laundry and such.
Presley lost tooth #6 last week. It was SO loose and she accidently got hit in the mouth at KTC and it popped up. The best way for her to lose teeth is around other people and not in the privacy of our home where she tends to FREAK out about it!
Last weekend we got together at Sarah and Kyle's house with the other neighbors Wendy and Jason. It was nice! We haven't really been able to hang out in a long time so it was good to catch up, let the kids play, eat some dinner, drink some wine and play Cards Against Humanity!

Saturday morning I went to the farmer's market with my friend Lyndsi. I haven't been in so long and never want to take the kids and honestly we are never up early enough to really think about going, but I actually got up early on this Saturday to join her and it was so nice! Just walking around, talking, we both bought some things and then we did brunch at St. Kilda. http://www.stkildadsm.com/#home . This place was so good and so FRESH!

After that I went home and did nothing. I laid on the couch and watched movies with the girls, they played, I snoozed. I really had a lot I needed to get done but I was just not in the mood and really, we haven't had a boring weekend at home in forever so I was going to enjoy it!
I did however get my butt ready to go out that night for my girl, Andrea's 21st birthday get-together downtown! Neither one of my sisters could go so I invited my substitute sister Sarah to go with me!
 We started out at Hello Marjorie http://hellomarjorie.com/. It was really cute, good atmosphere, laid back but then I started to feel old when girls came in wearing half of the fabric that we had on!
 Then we walked over to The Copper Cup, a Moscow mule place, http://www.thecoppercupdm.com/.
And then to the Lift, a martini bar..... http://www.dmlift.com/.  After this Sarah and I headed home.
Me and the birthday girl, Andrea
Sunday we did more of nothing. Doing nothing drives Steve CRAZY but I convinced him it is what we needed! :)

And on to this week.....I'm finally NOT working overtime, hence why I have been able to get caught up on blogging! I'm trying to get in 10000 steps a day again, being able to take breaks at work and walking at night.

We had gymnastics on Wednesday night and Presley finally landed her front handspring on the trampoline! She has been working so hard on trying to get it, her coach has a lot of faith in her and is trying to give her more confidence which she needs!

Piper had 60's week at school, they made peace signs and protest signs, they made tye-died shirts and had a friendly protest, against naps! CUTEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment