Monday, January 25, 2016

Weekend Update

I just love these guys! :)
Friday night we hung out at home. Presley and I watched Pitch Perfect 2. These movies are PG-13, mostly due to language which she knows if she repeats any of it that she won't be watching the movies again. And of course, sexual references which she doesn't understand yet. Actually she was pretty bored during this movie which surprised me since we watch the original Pitch Perfect ALL the time. Oh well!
 
Saturday morning we got up and I took Presley to get her hair fixed. They were much nicer and apologetic this time, still not sure we'll go back. We shall see. When we got home Steve and Piper ran to the grocery store and then we really just hung out all day! Very lazy, lots of reading time for me and lots of ipad time for the girls!
That night I met mom, dad, Holly and Mary at Fuzzy's Tacos for dinner before we went to see Jerry in Caucus! The Musical. I really didn't know what to expect and it was SO funny! So good and I HIGHLY recommend it, whether you like politics or not!
 
Sunday Piper was up at 7:30....too early for this household! She laid in bed with us for about an hour and then I finally forced myself out of bed. We hung out in the basement and when Steve got up, I laid back down for a quick nap!
We watched the Iowa basketball game, did laundry, the girls played and then we headed out to Brenton Skating Plaza to use the 2 free passes we had (since it was a 'warm' 40 degrees!). Piper is too young so her and I watched Steve and Presley.

We weren't sure Presley would agree to go out there! It's something new and it was busy. She was nervous but she went out there and tried and I think she actually enjoyed it! They hung on to the railing at the beginning but eventually got better and braver to let go! :)
I'm so proud of her for trying something new! This is a big deal for this girl!.....and Piper danced on the bench until it we were too cold then we went back to the car and hung out! She is a goofball!
Afterwards we decided to try dinner out (the last time, almost 2 weeks ago was a complete failure and I had to carry Piper out of the restaurant screaming and crying. And the whole way home she screamed, kicked the back of my seat and tried to open the car door....while I was driving of course!) ANYWAY.......we headed to Buzzard Billy's and surprisingly they were pretty good. They ate and got their free kids meal ice cream and we watched the end of the football game and headed home! It was nice to have a weekend with minimal obligations so we could do whatever we wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment