Tuesday, January 19, 2016

It's COLD.

It's cold....like I don't want to leave the house cold! Unforunately we didn't stay home all weekend, like I really could have!
Friday I was able to pick up the girls a little early and we headed home and got ready to head over to our neighbors Sarah and Kyle house to hang out for a while. The kids played pretty good, we hung out and eat and talked and before we knew it...it was 11!

Saturday morning Piper was up at 8 but Presley didn't get up until after 10. Samantha wanted to take Boston to Skyzone, so I took the girls and met them there about noon. A half hour is really long enough to be there! Piper LOVES it! She is not scared to jump on the little kids court by herself or fling herself into the foam pit with the big kids.
We got home and decided it was time to have quiet time, which we don't normally make them take but we were having people over to watch the Packer game that night and they had been up late the night before, so we wanted to try. Presley was hesitant, but once we set her up in our bed to watch a movie she was good. Piper on the otherhand.....over an hour or us putting her back in bed, her getting out, us holding the door shut until she got back in bed, opening the door, her running back out and doing that process over and over and over again...eventually her screaming and crying wore her out. She fell asleep on me about 2:30, I was able to sneak out and she slept until almost 5! We knew she was tired! :)

Then the Packer game. The game had it's ups and downs for sure....not the outcome we were wanting but I guess we have been accustom to the 4th quarter comebacks and losses this season. For some reason we decided to start arm wrestling?! It was so funny to watch the seriousness and see who could beat who. And yes, I am the girl champion! I beat both my sisters and Sarah the neighbor (who had definietly wrestled more people that I did that night, so I think I got lucky b/c her arm was tired!)
 
I love this pic of the surprised faces when Sam tried to make a come back on Sarah!
 And the surprised looks on both mine and Sam's face when I beat her!
The final round. Me and Sarah...best 2/3 won the $4 sitting on the counter (yes, they bet on us!)

And again our kids were up way too late but they did both sleep on on Sunday morning! I had plans with my sisters and mom. So I left about 11 and we had brunch at Centro and then saw Newsies at the Civic Center! We LOVED this movie growing up and to see it live was awesome! It is just amazing to see them dance and sing like that!

I had Monday off for MLK day and Presley decided she wanted to stay home with me instead of going to KTC for the day, which was fine. She is much easier to run errands with than Piper! So we got her haircut, she cut off about 4 inches, it looks really cute! (which I think is a little crooked so I'm a little pissed).
Then we got cupcakes at Scratch to help raise money for cystic fibrosis. $1 of every 'Bad Ace' cupcake sold in January goes to the foundation! Then we headed to the mall. I wanted to look at shoes (which I really didn't have time for), we found a new dress for Presley to wear to the father/daughter dance since she wore the same one the last 2 years it was time for an upgrade. She was pretty excited and had a hard time accepting that we were only going to buy one! Then we had a birthday party at ChuckECheese for Collins. I don't know the last time I have been there. It was chaos, but Presley and I had fun spending her coins and such. Collins was really the only kid she knew there and Collins didn't feel that good so basically P and I hung out except during the pizza and cake time. It was fun! We packed up her winnings of  super awesome, expensive, fun toys (that will eventually find their way into our garage, oh darn!) and headed to Target to get some shopping done! We did our shopping and headed home to have some nice, quiet time without daddy or Piper home! :) Of course this time went way too fast and before you know it we had two girls fighting with each other.....the stars had aligned and everything was back to normal once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment