Sunday, July 27, 2014

Worst Day Ever

Ok, let me put this in perspective before I offend people. I realize that some peoples worst day ever is finding out a loved one has a disease or a terminal illness or having someone close to them die. I DO realize that my worst day is very trivial in comparison, but just let me have my moment.
So for Christmas we all went in and got my dad an exotic car experience at the Kansas Speedway, he was super pumped and we were all excited that we were able to find a weekend that the whole family could go down to watch him and have a night in a waterpark hotel!
 
Friday I picked up Presley from preschool and said "P, guess what? It's Friday! Tomorrow we go to Kansas City and we are going to have so much fun!"
I was 66% correct.
- It WAS Friday
- We DID go to KC
- It was about 10% fun. We had about 3-4 good hours.
 
Friday night we packed and got ready, so Saturday morning we were up and ready and out of the house at 8...which is exactly what we had hoped for! SCORE! Presley had been pretty good for about 4 days a in row so we were hoping this would continue on our trip.
About 2 miles away from our house is when it started. Presley thought it wasn't fair that Piper had milk and she had water (even though she specifically told us she wanted water!). Then Piper was playing with 5 big legos, Presley wanted them. Took them. Piper starts the screaming and crying. Legos were given back to Piper, Presley starts screaming, crying.
This ritual continued for the next 2 hours. TWO HOURS.
 
Then we stopped for lunch at 10:30, (early but we needed to stop before we got too far into KC) of course, MCD's doesn't serve lunch until 11. Within 20 minutes we had to carry Piper out b/c she was screaming. I broke down. I couldn't handle it. That's me, crying in McDonalds, eating my bacon, egg and cheese biscuit. That's me.
My mom and dad decided to take Presley and Boston in their car to help give us a break from one of the kids. Piper screamed and cried (MAA-NEY!!!! which we aren't sure what this means, but she says it over and over and over again...either MINE or I'M HUNGRY are our guesses).
 
We got to the speedway before everyone else, you know, since they stayed to actually eat and enjoy lunch. Piper was actually good once she was out of the car. While we waited she ran around and entertained people and Steve decided to enjoy the exotic car experience too! We figured he wouldn't get this chance again and his 'dream' car was there for him to ride in. 115 MPH. It was pretty cool to see and hear these cars go flying by. I'm not a big 'car' person, but they did look cool!
 

 
My Fav, the yellow Lamborghini!
All 4 grandkids were good during the time we were there!  I was hoping Piper would run off some energy and get ready for a nap at the hotel.
Miss Mary was made to wear this helmet!
Daddy loved ALL of the cars there!
So my hopes of getting Piper a nap were diminished when we got to the hotel and none of our rooms were clean (which we were kind of expecting since check-in time wasn't until 4). So we got changed and did some swimming at the water park! The park was super cool, all the kids (including some of the bigger kids!) enjoyed it once they got comfortable.
Presley's favorite thing to do was put her hair in the fountain and then flip it over, spraying water everywhere. Piper would get in, get splashed and then run over and wipe her face off on the towel.
Finally about 3:30 our room was ready. We got everything up there and organized and my mom agreed to lay down with Piper in hopes for a quick hour nap. No such luck. The girl wouldn't sleep.
During this hour, we only had two whiny baby issues with Presley. She was mad that Steve got fries instead of chips with his (late) lunch, then she was mad that he didn't save her any fries once she realized that she actually liked them. Then I got in the water with her (in an attempt to distract her from the fry meltdown). We went over to one of the bigger pools, she didn't want to get in. We tried the lazy river and she freaked out on me. So I was done.
 
About 5 pm we all went back to our rooms to get changed and ready for dinner. We already knew this would probably not work out for us and our lovely children (Miss No-Nap and Miss Attitude). We had a little extra time and decided to head to the arcade. Fun huh? Wrong. Presley whined b/c she didn't know how to play any games (you know, pushing a button, b/c that is super hard?! She is just so afraid to fail or NOT be good at EVERYTHING!) She broke down in tears b/c one of the machines that you can win candy on...didn't give her candy that she liked! Really? Fine, say goodbye to the candy!
 
So we went to dinner.....Piper was typical Piper, nothing out of the ordinary. Won't sit still, wants to walk around, wants to sit on everyones lap.....anything but sit. Presley was good for the first half of the meal.....then we got her food....the fruit was all melons which she won't eat, she crawled under the table mad, then hit her head on the table and then the crying started. She wouldn't calm down, she wouldn't eat dinner, so Steve took her back to the room.
 
 
I finished my food, packed up our leftovers and headed up to the room with Piper.  I decided to take Presley down to mom and dads room while Steve tried to get Piper to sleep. We had already told P she was done......She was not having any more fun the rest of the night since she had been bad over and over again all day long. So what happens...we are in their room and you can hear Boston and Mary in the next room over jumping on the beds having fun. I couldn't let her go. I couldn't. I had to stand our ground, we give in to her too often already and it needs to stop. She was heartbroken and I can't blame her. All we wanted for this weekend was to have fun and here I am telling her that she can't have fun with her cousins. Again, I LOST IT. I literally sat in the bathroom of my parents hotel room crying. Presley was crying too (looking at herself in the mirror the whole time).
 
Finally when Piper was asleep, P and I went back up to the room. Exhausted. My parents had even agreed to watch all the kids while the grown ups went out but it just wasn't in the cards for us this night. Poor Steve was a champ dealing with all of this. He got Piper and Presley to sleep and then tried to calm me down too. Thanks baby! Love you!
 
Needless to say, I am so glad that day is over. The highlight of the day was the 2 hours in the middle at the speedway, which was the main reason we were there to begin with!

No comments:

Post a Comment