Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Smoke a little smoke

Saturday Steve got up bright and early and headed to Panora for his brothers Smoke a little smoke, drink a little drink party. All day party, mostly to have a BBQ competition! Tons of kids, bean bags game, eating, drinking, camping (which we were planning on doing!)

My mom had agreed back in March to watch Piper overnight for us and we took Presley knowing she could play with cousin Ava. I dropped Piper off about 10:45 and we made our way to Lake Panorama. It was the perfect day, we were outside all day!

Presley decided that being my little shadow sounded more fun that playing for the first 4 hours we were there but eventually she went off and played. Jerry won the smoking competition! We were SO happy for him! And Christie and I won the first bean bag competition (I will say, she did more scoring than I did!)
About 10:30 the drinking started to get a little more obvious, cousin Ava was sleeping and I didn't want Presley to be a witness to the nonsense going on. We had planned on tent camping but then someone gave up their room for the night, so we pounced on it and claimed it as our own! P was sad that we didn't camp out but with everyone still up and drinking outside I think this was for the best.





Yesterday P and I headed home about 9 to get Piper and Steve stayed a while to pack up his smoker and help clean up. We were all just tired. The house is gross, the laundry is mostly done but just in baskets all over our bedroom. I'm secretly hoping someone will sneak into my house and clean it one of these days. (but then they might be really disgusted with how gross it is!) Piper napped, Steve fell asleep on the couch, I fell asleep off and on in the chair and poor Presley just played (waking me up every now and then to ask a question or to tell me something). Finally we decided to pull

No comments:

Post a Comment