Thursday, August 26, 2010

Woot Woot!! (as my mom would say)

FEMA pulled thru! We filled out a FEMA disaster relief application online Sunday afternoon. Two of our neighbors had luck getting a little help, so we figured we might as well try and see what happens. Monday morning they called and wanted to come out to the house that afternoon! They came out took some pictures and asked some questions and said it would take 3-5 days to hear something. Tuesday night we called the application status phone number and they said we had been approved! Wednesday morning we had the money in our checking account! How awesome is that? It will cover all the money we spent on this whole flooding basement situation! I won't mention who our insurance company is, but we are still waiting to hear from them. It took them 2 weeks to send someone out to the house and now going on 3 weeks, we still don't know if they will cover anything. At this point, it doesn't really matter, especially since we never thought they would cover anything anyway.

Why is it my husband hates watching the same movie twice (unless he REALLY loves it) but he has no problem watching football games that he's seen already? (damn you Big10 Network for replaying Iowa games ALL the time!)

I'm not sure if it is bad or good that I've rec'd more bonuses and appreciation for my time and hard work at my job in the last 6 months (now that I'm in WDSM) than I did in the 6 years I was downtown?! It's good for me now, but kinda disappointing that a large corporation can't reward their employees they way they sometimes should. (Let me remind you that both jobs are with the same company, just different entities) At this point, I'll take what I can get and just be happy that I have a job!

My baby nephews due date is tomorrow! Hurry up kid! I already have a busy weekend planned and I know you are going to make an appearance soon, so waiting until Monday might work best for me. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment