Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer fun!

Tuesday night, Holly was nice enough to watch Presley for us and we went and saw the moving Inception. This is the first movie we have seen in the theater since January 2009 (we saw Gran Torino)...and before that it had been probably 3 years when we saw Wedding Crashers! Presley was actually really good for Holly and that makes all of us soo happy!!!
Wednesday morning we got pounding with rain...our side of town was flooding in less than an hour. I had to chance my morning route to my mom's b/c there were so many roads underwater! I saw too many cars stranded with water up to the windows or taillights! Scary stuff!
Our neighbors yard always floods. All of our yards kinda drain into his which will occasionally spread against our driveway. Needless to say I made Steve back my car out of the driveway for me b/c there was no way I was going to walk thru this water, which was about 6 inches deep!

Thursday night we headed to the Valley Junction farmers market and Presley and Steve did a little dancing to the music.
Friday night we were lucky enough to have my mom watch Presley so we could go on a double date with Brock and Jackie. We went to the new bar Mullets and then headed to the ICubs game. It was fun and the weather was great! Presley did not cooperate Saturday morning by sleeping in and instead was up at 7:30, bummer. Steve had to work for a couple hours so P and I decided to visit a couple garage sales. We found some good deals for Presley's new cousin, who should be here in less than a month!
We actually bought Presley a big kid potty this week. She really doesn't know what to do with it, but she'll sit on it thinking she is pretty cool. We just want her to get used to the idea of the potty but we have no intentions of trying to potty train her anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment