Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thunderstorm warning....after warning.

Talk about crazy weather. We have had our share, I don't complain much. Everyone complains that it is too cold, too hot, too much rain....blah, blah. Friday I got to spend about 45 minutes in the copy room at work with coworkers b/c of a tornado warning. That makes for an exciting day!
Friday night we went to our friend Shallenbergers house for a summer party! They have an absolutely gorgeous home near Norwalk and it was so nice to see everyone. A lot of people from Steve's hometown of Creston and their kids, we now like parties when kids are invited! :)
Our kid was not impressed with this party. She didn't like people, wouldn't eat, had to be held and cried for no apparent reason. Fun for us! Needless to say I took her home fairly early and let Steve stay and have some fun.

Saturday morning I was up and busy getting ready for Samantha's baby shower! The 'theme' was baby zoo animals. Look at these cupcakes our friend Sam made! If you are interested in her stuff check out The Lemon Drop Bakery on Facebook, I'm always impressed with what she can do!
We had a good turn out, played two games (congrats to Jon's daughter Madison and our Aunt Ann for their big wins!) ate some food and watched Sammy Kay open lots of good stuff! It's so weird to think 2 years ago I was the pregnant one, time flies!
Saturday night I had girls night! Always a good time, got to meet some new friends, drink some margaritas and watch Holly flirt with the waiters! haha!
Sunday we went to the Moellers Fathers Day BBQ! We are bad and didn't get any fathers day pictures! Shame on us! Happy Fathers Day to my dad and husband, you are the most important men in my life and I love you more than you could ever know! Thank you for being so great!
Monday weight loss amount: Jessica total loss 5 pounds, Steve total loss 5.7 pounds. Steve has been working outside sweating off all his weight! Hey, whatever works!
Well off to watch the weather alerts interrupt my television shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment