Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So....I've lost my mind!

Let me tell ya, last week was a long one. First, of all I worked every day. 7 days for 54 hours, that might be why my brain has shut down. I realized Tuesday that I lost my badge for work, the one used to get into the parking ramp and into the building. Friday I realized that my drivers license expired........in February!!! Sure, I had a baby in February and should totally use that as an excuse but whatever.
So went to work this morning, went to the ATM to get cash to buy a new $3 badge for work...the ATM was out of money. Fine, I knew the DOT was opened till 6 pm on Tuesdays so I was going to leave work a little early so I figured I just get my badge on the way out of work at 4. So I got my $20 from the ATM went to get my badge and of course.....the one guy who does badges had just left for the day. Fine. On my way to get my license, the skies are dark there is a severe thunderstorm warning, I knew it would happen and it did. It started pouring as I get off the exit...no one likes their drivers license pictures, especially when you straighten your hair and then it rains and you look like a wet dog. But whatever....
I had a little extra time and went to Target, still raining. I quickly tried to leave the car and get inside. Samantha was working and she left as I was checking out, I searched all over for my car keys. Couldn't find them, I figured I locked them in my car. Well, I didn't want to push the cart out to the car in the rain to find out it was locked so I called Samantha! I knew she had just left, she could swing by my house and bring my the spare keys! Perfect! She called to meet me by my car, I went outside the headlights to my car were on! The engine was still running! You have got to be kidding me! I left my car running the entire time I was in Target??? Surely, I didn't leave it unlocked though?? Nope, I sure did! Who leave their car running in the parking lot with the doors unlocked?? Obviously me, just asking for someone to steal my car!
See! Told ya I've lost my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment