Monday, January 22, 2018

Back to Reality

Last week was more back to normal after vacation. Presley had gymnastics on Tuesday, we met my parents out for dinner on Wednesday b/c they were leaving for Texas on Thursday and wanted to see the girls before they left. Thursday Piper had gymnastics and then Friday night they had Collins birthday party at Pump It Up. We decided to drop the girls off at the party and then Steve and I went and got a quick dinner! They had fun for sure! Happy Birthday Collins!

After the party I dropped off the kids and Steve at home and then I went over to a friends for a couple drinks. My friend Sarah was at Jamie's house who lives not that far from me. I've known both of them for years and this just worked out nicely for me to hang out with both of them in one night! It was fun catching up!
 
Saturday we didn't do much. I did one load of laundry, dusted, cleaned the floors but other than that. The girls were on their ipads for way too long, eventually I had to kick them off and tell them to go play. It was pretty nice outside, so they went out when Steve was taking down the Christmas lights. Presley got ready for her first sleepover at a friends house!  Her BFF, Leah can't come to her birthday party so they decided to have her over to make up for it!
We dropped her off about 4 and then the 3 of us went to dinner at Barntown Brewery in Waukee, it was really good! Then we spent the evening cuddling and watching movies with Miss Piper!
 
They dropped Presley off about 10:15 Sunday morning. They had a lot of fun! Angie (Leah's mom) printed off pictures and bought these cute little scrap books for them decorate!
They went ice skating, made slime, did some scrapbooking, had pizza and had a lot of fun!
 Matching jammies with their dolls!
 Pretending to sleep with their dolls for a photo op. So cute!
She spent a lot of time doing more scrapbooking that afternoon. So cute! I'm glad she likes being artsy!
I, on the other hand....did almost nothing Sunday. I watched hours of the Twilight marathon, in between organizing the coloring books and storage area. I played trash a couple times and mancala with Piper, read my book and didn't get out of my sweats!
I did ONE load of laundry all weekend. At one point I walked into my room to pick up the clothes that I had just thrown around all week.....and I turned around and walked back out b/c I just DID NOT want to do it! So I didn't! :)
It was nice having a super lazy weekend with no real plans but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my house who could do that EVERY weekend. So next weekend, I will get dressed and maybe take my kids somewhere.....maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment