Monday, January 8, 2018

2018

So far 2018 has tested my patience. Dealing with insurance companies to get my car fixed put me in tears at work. Presley's attitude lately, makes me want to smack her.....and she isn't even 9 yet, what are we going to do when she is 13 yrs old? Steve and I have been on a quick 8 day diet for before we head to Mexico and this includes NO good food and no alcohol. We are doing the Fast Metabolism Diet and it really does work. We started on the 1st and Sunday morning when we weighed in, Steve had lost 8.2 and I had lost 7.2!  
 
Tuesday night I was able to go make wine with Sarah and her friend Gabby. This is the 2nd time I've done it and it really is so fun and interesting! http://www.eatplaylovedesmoines.com/vines-to-wines/
You make whatever wine is in the schedule for that night and then go back and bottle it 2 months later! After that we went to dinner at Roca http://www.rocadsm.com/, none of us had been there but it was really good. I was trying to be good for our diet so I got boring salmon on quinoa and kale. It was good, but I really wanted something really NOT good for me! :)
 
Thursday I took Piper to her gymnastics class, this was her first night with her new teacher. She did great and we are happy that she has Miss Sarah as her teacher.
We got home and saw deer in the backyard, they have been ALL over these days and Piper keeps wanting to go outside and catch one for a pet. She kept taking small steps toward it but I think was a little intimidated that the deer just stood there watching her. Needless to say, I don't think she'll be catching one any time soon!
When we went inside, Presley was in her room b/c of her attitude. She normally doesn't give Steve much so she must have been super snotty. Piper put on her police officer costume and said she was going to arrest her for being rude!
Friday night we did nothing! It was nice and boring. I worked on my puzzle, the girls played and fought and they went to bed early. Guess what Steve and I did? Something that we do, maybe once a year!............We watched a movie! Shocking for us! But we watched The Revenent with Leonardo Dicaprio, it was good but long!
 
Saturday morning we got up to find the girls in the hall closet. This is pretty common for Piper, she goes in there with her ipad and just chills. Presley doesn't quiet fit in there with her so she was half in and half out! Dorks.
We did take a family trip to Target, pretty exciting stuff huh? And we only spent $39! WHAT? Then we basically went home and didn't do anything the rest of the day! Laundry, playing, puzzles.
We were getting ready to watch Mary Poppins at bedtime and Presley bit into a candy bar and her loose tooth started bleeding. Oh goodness. This girls HATES losing teeth! The bleeding, the crying, the screaming. Eventually we got her calmed down enough and she agreed that we just needed to pull it! She wanted me to do it b/c I was gentle?! (Not sure there is a gentle way to pull a tooth out!) Once it was over and she got calmed down, we all just cuddled up and watched half of the movie, then it was way past bedtime!
 
Sunday we hung out, played some games of Trouble (seems to be their new favorite game) and then the girls went outside to play! Finally the weather was warm enough for them to enjoy the snow and go sledding in the backyard!
After lunch Presley and Steve were just aching to get out of the house. So we decided to go to Bass Pro Shop and walk around for a bit and if it wasn't busy maybe go bowling!


Besides Presley being pissed off that she wasn't winning. "It's not fair!"....seriously? She said the only way it would be fair is if she was winning...of course! She did end up in 2nd place so she wasn't too mad but I think Steve might have played bad enough to give her a chance.
It was a good way for us to waste a couple hours and not just sit at home doing nothing (even though I would be perfectly fine with that!)

After that we broke our diet and went to El Mariachi on the way home for an early dinner! :) So good and I totally gained 1.4 lbs back as of this morning. So I have two days to eat good and hopefully drop back down!

Piper was up until 10:30 last night! She slept til about 9 that morning but still, we knew she was going to be exhausted. She cried when I dropped her off at daycare! She kept saying she just wanted to be with me, and go to work with me. It was really sad, b/c she is rarely like that! Mary Beth, the director finally came to help and took her from me and within 5 minutes she was back to normal (of course). So hopefully she'll go to sleep nice and early tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment