Monday, April 4, 2016

Weekend Update

Friday I had a sore throat all day....and you just never know what it could turn out to be, so when Presley said her throat hurt when we got home I was not shocked. As all good women do, we push on and deal with it. We watched Mary for a couple hours so that Holly and Jerry could go to a birthday party, the girls played good and hung out and went to bed too late.

Saturday morning Steve got up with the girls about 8 and about 9 o'clock Presley came in and just laid with me. This rarely happens so I knew she probably didn't feel good, she had a birthday party that morning and decided to skip it. She watched a movie in our bed until almost 11, then her meds started to kick in and she got up and started playing. Steve took Piper grocery shopping so we just sat around and did very little....which is how most of my day went. I just couldn't get motivated to do ANYTHING (maybe this was part of my sore throat and 'sicknesss'). I did a little laundry, little dishes, little picking up, little reading, tried to nap a little...finally about 5 pm we decided to venture out for dinner, so I HAD to get up and make myself presentable.

Sunday I got up with the girls about 8:30, we cuddled on the couch...them on their ipads and me on my kindle. :) I had a little more motivation so I was able to get the laundry done, pick up the house, get the girls stuff ready for the week, walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, hang out with the girls and neighbors outside for a bit. Because the weather was pretty nice Steve gets excited to cook, drink and have people over. So we invited Sarah and family over, Jordan and Sarah showed up and then Uncle Matt showed up also. We hung out on the deck (pretty much out of the crazy wind!) and talked, the kids played so good outside (often times we forget that we really need to check up on them), we ate great food (thank you Steve) and then again our kids were up too late!

I knew tonight it was going to be an early night for them and sure enough both were asleep by 8:30 (usually it's about 8:45 and we are sleeping too!...so hurray for us staying up later than them tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment