Sunday, August 16, 2015

Week/Weekend in review

We are still having minor computer problems so I just can't find the patience more than once a week to blog!
Last Monday we found out Presley's 1st grade teachers name....Ms. Mulholland. She is an older lady (b/c we got last years yearbook out and looked!) (Steve was hoping for the younger, hotter teachers! HA). We did find out that one of her friends is in her class, so that was a nice relief!

Wednesday we found out that she got moved up to the next class at gymnastics! She's only been going there since May and has learned SO much! She actually did some one-handed cartwheels tonight! We were super impressed! We are so happy that she enjoys it and is actually doing good!
Once Piper turns 3 we might try to get her signed up if they have a class for her age at the same time as Presley's.

Thursday we found out that Piper will be moving rooms at Generation Next...she'll officially be a 'sophomore' (P started at GN as a 'Junior')! She'll be moving from the left side (the baby/toddler side) to the right side (preschool side) of the school. I don't want my baby to grow up....but would like her to get out of the I-have-to-do-everything-myself stage!

Friday we had a birthday party for our friends Brock and Jackie's daughter Ava at Pump It Up. The girls has a great time! Presley is an old pro at this place but this was Piper's first time here and they both did so good and had alot of fun!

Saturday I was able to get away with some girls to Lake Panorama for a day on the boat! I wasn't able to spend the whole weekend with them, but maybe next year! I got there about 10, we got on the boat about 11 and we on the water until about 6! We enjoyed some drinks, a lot of laughs and alot of time in the water, just talking! Thank you girls for including me again!
Mistee Hendricks-Martin's photo.
My girl Lisa, we've been friends for 12 years(?) now!
Lisa Wellman Ringus's photo.
Steve had plans with some boys to go to the fair that afternoon/evening, so he dropped the girls off at my parents house and then I picked them up about 7! Thanks mom and dad for watching them!
I was tired for sure and the girls were not! HA!

This morning about 8 am I could hear the sucking of Piper's pacifer, so I knew she was no longer in her bed, but I ignored it. About 8:30, I feel her touch my arm. I open my eyes and quietly say good morning....she smiles and says 'it's time to get up!'. I guess it probably was. We hung out for a while and then decided to get brunch at 1908 (the service and food was less than awesome this time) before we drove Steve's friend Brandon back to his car for him to head back to Omaha.

This afternoon we did very little, three of us 'rested' (I'll let you guess which 3) and then we did a quick grocery store run and Steve made a great dinner of steak and corn on the cob! We have another busy week ahead of us but I do get to look forward to some days off of work too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment