Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Coronavirus = COVID19

I'm so over it...and not b/c I'm tired of my kids. I'm tired of the news and having that be the ONLY thing they talk about. Facebook is just loaded with crap. I can't read about the people who won't touch things in stores and take off their clothes are the door to wash then get in the shower when they get home.

I am not a germaphobe, never have been and probably never will be. Honestly, we are rarely sick so maybe we have built up an immunity to germs. Presley is definitely more aware of germs, she won't share straws, I can't touch her food and as much as I want to tell her how dirty our lives probably really are otherwise, I just try to accept it and let her be her.

I'm doing my part. I'm working from home. I'm social distancing but I really need to social media distance also. I have been to Hy-vee twice in the last week and picked up an order at Target today....and guess what? I didn't use hand sanitizer! My kids haven't played with anyone but each other and honestly, I'm not sure I would care if they did. But I'm trying to obey the rules.

The girls have been fairly decent over the last week. They were stuck with me in this apartment from Wednesday at 3:00 until Monday at 10:30.....I had a meltdown Thursday morning at 9:30. HA! There has been some definite fighting with all 3 of us girls in a cooped up space but we found things to do and kept busy for the most part. They do eat way too much and we go thru way too many dishes.

I'm not homeschooling. I know some schools/states are providing stuff and parents have these great schedules. I'm over it. Not happening. I'm doing little things to help 'teach' them. Presley has been doing a lot more in the kitchen these days which is nice. We played Monopoly and used the dice and money to add and subtract.....and then I made them say numbers in Spanish too! :) We have done a couple dice math games and they read one day out of the last 6. Parent fail?

Don't get me wrong, I understand the seriousness of this. Though I think we are dismissing other issues that are serious also but don't get as much screen time but whatever. I do worry about my parents even though I don't think they worry so much about themselves. I worry more about the economic impact on the world more than anything else. The worldwide impact and # of people that are 100% impacted and whose lives are turned upside down because of this are what I worry about more than anything.

I have seen people be SO much nicer and more giving and friendlier than normal and that is great! I have found myself doing more for others even though I might not fully have the money for it either. I have reached out to more friends during this time, maybe it is b/c I have more free time, but that is okay! I think it is all we can do to get thru all of this insanity together and hopefully we will come out stronger on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment