Monday, August 20, 2018

ISF

Wednesday the 8th, we had a last minute sitter so that Steve and I could run up to The Boathouse for a couple hours since the new owner was taking over on Thursday. Some of the bartenders are no longer working there and so far it is pretty much the same but there are some things they are hoping to change....we'll see if it is for the better! 

Thursday Presley went to the State Fair with KTC. I'm not normally nervous about the field trips they take but this one worried me. I had a talk with her about staying with her group, finding police officers if she got lost and if anyone tried to take her, scream at the top of her lungs and punch them in the balls! She just looked at me, so embarrassed! HA! All in all it ended up fine and she wasn't taken by a stranger. Whew.

Friday - East Side Night.....we had Brittany come babysit one last time before she heads to college :( and we headed to the fair. We knew so many people going and it was so nice to see everyone with no kids around.
 So typical of my household. I am the only one not infatuated with my boobs.
 My sister and I have a recent issue with taking pictures together, but it is funny!
 Our friend Kruse was in town and he finally cut his hair!!!!
We had a really good night, we were out that late and of course, our kids slept in late also! We actually went to the mall.....all 4 of us. I don't know the last time that has happened! We went to find backpacks, the girls were so excited! Piper really wanted a backpack that was loud and bright and obnoxious, we talked her down to a 'normal' emoji backpack. Presley really didn't need a new one but we don't really have to buy them any clothes and since Steve likes to spoil his girls, he thought Presley should have one too. Her thought process....the more pockets the better. And she got one...I'm just not sure what she is going to do with a laptop section and a cell phone section, because she has neither!
They did actually get a couple new shirts and both got tennis shoes, other than that they really don't need any clothes. They did want their picture taken with the Old Navy dog thought!
That evening I met Holly at my parents house and my dad took us down to the fair. It was nice to walk around and look at things that Steve has NO interest in (paintings, art, photography).
Piper thought it was totally 'unfair' that I got to hold pigs!
I remember these wooden pigs from last year and I thought they were so cute and was thinking about buying one for Piper for her bday. I showed her...she was NOT impressed. So guess I'll cross that off the birthday present idea list!
We had PIT tickets to Daughtry. I love me some Daughtry. I think this is the 3rd time that I've seen him! Since he was a former American Idol contestant I've been following him since day 1 and he is just so pretty.


 He is looking at me! We had a moment....I'm pretty sure of it.
 He looks almost like an angel! :)
We had a really good time and really enjoyed ourselves, making new friends in the crowd, getting some free beers. An overall successful night with my sis!

Sunday we headed over to my parents house for lunch to celebrate Samantha's birthday. They got Smokey D's and we hung out and talked, the kids played and played.

We wanted to go listen to Damon Dotson in Earlham that night but we felt we just needed to stay closer to home. So we went to Sundae's in the Park near the library. They had free ice cream and different activities and free music. Our kids just wanted to sit in the police car! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment