Thursday, September 14, 2017

Ed Sheeran

Presley's first concert! I was able to score some pretty good seats for Ed Sheeran in Omaha for Tuesday night, so about a month ago I booked the hotel room and Presley was excited. She might have been more excited about the hotel room than the concert but oh well! :)
That morning we packed up our stuff in the car, I dropped her off at school and then my oil change light came on. Damn it. I was planning on leaving work early anyway, so I headed to the quick lube oil change place about 1:30 and was able to pick up Presley about 2 pm as planned.
We headed to Omaha! She was really good on the ride there, I didn't even think about the fact that we could've brought a movie for her to watch! Oh well!
We got check into the hotel, got changed and such and then walked to the Old Mattress Factory for some dinner before the concert. I knew this place got super busy so we were there by 4:45 and done by 6. She was excited to enjoy a milkshake and we played a lot of 'would you rather....' to pass the time.
She participated in my picture taking! This girl is too beautiful, I just love her!
We ran after this van to take her picture in front of it before it went driving off.
We got in there early, which I rarely do for concerts but I wanted her to get the full experience of a concert. Row 22, right in the middle!

James Blunt opened, he has 2 songs that I know and the first thing Presley said when the lights went down and he started playing was 'This is weird!' HAHA!
Then Ed Sheeran came out, he is so awesome. I didn't realize that it is literally only him on the stage and he 'records' and loops himself singing and playing to make it sounds like there are instruments and backup vocals playing with him. SO creative and so awesome to watch and hear the process of the song!




It was good that he had a very high screen since we were on the floor and Presley sat for most of it. She complained that her legs hurt (which she is either super out of shape from soccer or is having growing pains). She enjoyed parts of it but I think she was overly stimulated and tired by the end. We left early about 10:15 and she was asleep by 10:30! She said she enjoyed the concert and I know I did! :)

We slept in Wednesday morning and got on the rode about 9:30. Once we got to DSM, we ran thru McDonalds and went to school. I ate lunch with her there and then she went off to class and I went home. I was originally was going to keep her home with me or do more in Omaha this day but since she was sick and already missed 2 days, I figured she better go! I did a lot of cleaning and laundry, worked out and actually sat down for a bout 45 minutes to read some of my book before going to pick up Piper for gymnastics!

Tonight I took Presley to soccer practice, I took a walk with one of the other mom's for about 45 minutes! It was perfect to walk and talk while they were practicing! We did see about 15 of their scrimmage and Presley looked more aggressive and more confident, so hopefully that will carry over to her game Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment