Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Weekend fun

Friday night we had Sarah and the family over for Cinco de Mayo, Steve made enchiladas, guacamole, margaritas....it was great! The weather was so nice and the kids were able to play outside until dark. Presley and neighbor Naiah found worms, so many worms. I'm still shocked that Presley will touch them but glad that she does!
Saturday we didn't do much but enjoy the day. Steve and Piper went to the car wash and to look for flip flops for her while I worked out and P played, then we went outside to enjoy the weather!
Presley had a girls evening planned with her friends Leah and Maris, Steve had a ticket to the Alton Brown show at the Civic Center (it was a birthday present from me and he wanted to go by himself instead of having me there with him since I don't really care about cooking!) so Piper was my date to my friend Nicola's wedding.
Presley got picked up for Fancy Nancy at the DSM Playhouse about 3:00 and then Piper and I left for Carlisle. The wedding was pretty cool, their motorcycles lined the aisle they walked down, her 18 year old son played the piano for the wedding. The weather was perfect!
Her dress was completely HER! Bold and beautiful, the guys wore jeans and their motorcycle leathers. We have know her (and her family) my whole life so we knew a lot of people there too. We are so happy for Brett and Nicola, they are perfect for each other!
Piper just wanted to dance! The minute we got to the reception in Pleasant Hill, she asked me to dance (when there wasn't really any dancing yet) then we ate and then it was just about time for us to leave to pick up Presley (I said I would pick her up between 8:30-9 in Johnston). I felt bad that I was going to make her leave before the dancing had started. So I made the decision to leave her there with my parents, jet back to Johnston and get Presley and then go BACK to the reception. I was gone for about 45 minutes and Piper was in full dancing mode with my dad when we got back! We stayed for about another hour and then headed home! All of us exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment