Monday, July 27, 2015

Weekend Update

Thursday I had my monthly (or every-other-monthly) work outing. The weather was HOT but we braved the heat and sat on the patio at El Bait Shop. As always, it was good....SO many laughs!

Friday we didn't do much. Steve did take them on a walk after dinner (while I took a very short cat nap) but it's so hot out that no one really wants to be outside for too long.

Saturday Steve got up and started working on the shed. The girls and I hung out, they fought, cried, got in trouble, fought, cried and it was loads of fun. I had to go to Target and knew I was going to have to take both of them with me. Noooowwwww.....it really shouldn't be THAT hard to take my 2 children to Target, but after the last time when I had to carry Piper out b/c she wouldn't stop running around and knowing that they can't get along for more than 5 minutes these days, I was VERY leary to go. I had a nice, stern discussion with them before we left about how they were expected to behave and what was going to happen if they didn't. And they were good! I made it a quick trip b/c I knew that time was not going to be on my side but it worked out!

We went home, Piper had quiet time (seems napping is minimal on the weekends with her anymore but when she doesn't get up until after 9), Presley and I hung out, did laundry, watched a little High School Musical 2 and then Steve and I got ready for our date night.

Our date night was good, we were able to enjoy the nice night, some good food, drinks and music and of course, the girls were perfect for Carlyn! (Carlyn, who is leaving us to go to college in 2 weeks, so we are sad).

No comments:

Post a Comment