Sunday, May 11, 2014

Weekend Update

I'm getting into a bad habit of only posting on Sunday nights! and I don't even have a good excuse! The kids are going to bed a little later but really it's just me being lazy. We didn't do much this week, I had to work late on Wednesday night, Thursday we decided to go out to dinner at El Mariachi b/c I've been craving Mexican food and margaritas! We are always hesitant to take Piper anywhere b/c you just never know how she is going to be and she was pretty good there! Then Friday it was nice out and we decided to go to Old Chicago for dinner...crazy us! Eating out two nights in a row! We ate on the patio so Piper had some room to run around and it went pretty good there too! Go Piper!
 
Little Miss can't be trusted. 
Saturday we got alot done around the house. Steve got our front landscaping done (18 months after we moved in) it was a lot of work, but it looks good! I did a lot of laundry, did some cleaning...I think I was trying to get stuff done on Saturday so that I wouldn't have to do anything on Sunday, Mothers Day! The weather was pretty nice so we did some playing and hanging out outside....chasing Piper around the neighborhood. It was a good day at home!
 
Today was Mother's Day! We had originally planned to do brunch at El Bait Shop and then head to the Cubs game but since it was raining we decided to go bowling instead! Lunch was good, the kids were good, the place was not busy so that helped!
Thought of Grandma when we saw this sign!
Then we headed bowling. Presley REFUSES to wear the shoes. REFUSES. We figured since she was just pushing the ball down the slide we didn't have to worry about her shoes on the floor there, so we caved and let her bowl anyway. Piper was less than cooperative, which we were prepared for. She wanted to run around the bowling alley and really wanted to get up and bowl! It was past nap time so we knew it was going to be work to get thru the bowling game with her, but she did good and we were tired from chasing her! HA!
We got home about 3 and put Piper down for a quick nap. All of us laid down to nap, except Presley, she watched part of a movie and then about 4:30 we knew we HAD to wake Piper up or she would never go to bed tonight! And finally the weather had turned around and it was actually nice and warm outside!  The 3 of them went on a walk, we got out the water table, we tried to make Piper smile for ONE mothers day picture with my girlies!
 
I am one lucky mommy around to have these two funny, smart and beautiful little girls in my life! Every day they challenge me but I wouldn't have it any other way (except right now when I want them to be sleeping!!!!) Love you Presley and Piper!

No comments:

Post a Comment