Thursday, December 29, 2022

Christmas

It's now been a week since I've posted. Christmas break is going better than last Thursday....we have found some things to do and the girls have gotten along better (with some threating to take cell phones away, but oh well).

We are doing a lot of sleeping in, lounging around and baking cookies. Friday, Piper made me open her present to me. She ordered it on my Amazon account weeks ago, gave me the $ for it and wrapped it by herself. She was so excited for me to open it that she couldn't wait any longer! A wine glass that says 'Mom's turn to wine'. She's too sweet! Love that girl!

Christmas Eve the fun thing that we did was make a kid-friendly charcuterie board. Filled with fruit (for Presley), salami and pepperoni for Piper, cheese for me...and then cheeseballs, crackers and Hershey bars for all of us to enjoy! It was something different that was kinda fun to put together for them.

Christmas morning they were up before 9. This Christmas I just wasn't into buying them all crap. Piper loves crap, Presley has outgrown it. Presley got some books, wireless ear buds, a wireless phone charger and of course her Elvis Presley sweatshirt....all things teenager. Piper got some pig stuff, mini-brands and a big squishmellow?! (I guess they are popular right now?).

Their big gifts were tickets for all of us to go to the Lion King at the Civic Center and then we are all going to the Pink concert in August.....working on making memories instead of just buying things. It's hard when you want to have stuff under the tree to open. SO I was creative for a split second.....I bought lion masks and crowns at Hobby Lobby, put them in bags and they had to guess what it meant when they opened it! For Pink, I got pink wrapping paper with music note stickers for the outside and the inside of the presents were a microphone ornament and a pink feather boa...then they had to guess what that meant also! 

Once we were done with our shenanigans, they went to Steve's house for a couple hours and then I picked them up to go to my parents house for the afternoon/evening. It was a good balance of things for Christmas. I think the girls were spoiled and happy. We all ate too much, had so many laughs and we discovered that we are horrible picture takers when we are all together! We need to get better at that!

I want to upload some pics onto this blog, but honestly too lazy for it right now! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment