Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Girls on the Run 2019

So in order to get a little caught up, I'm going to randomly post about the last 2 months in no particular order.
Presley decided to do Girls on the Run again this year. Which I was excited about b/c I really do love this program. It is so uplifting and motivating for girls and to see 900 girls come together do to this 5k is just so cool. They spend 8 weeks talking about friendship, healthy eating, self confidence, bullying and of course, practice running.
I did some running to prepare for it....however I never ran more than 1.6 miles and didn't run the last 2 weeks before the race. I was not as prepared as I was last year but didn't think Presley was either. 
Presley and Addie
 Addie, Presley and Leah
Normally they only accept 20 girls per school....however, they had such a big waiting list for our school that they accepted 40 3rd-5th graders this year! A huge thank you to the 3 coaches for all the time they put into this!
We don't think this sign was actually for Presley, but it obviously caught our attention! So we are pretending that some nice person decided to motivate us and buy a sign for her! :)
This girl ROCKED this 5K this year. I think the 75 degree weather was a huge factor after running in 95 degree weather last year. She kept me motivated and we ran at least 2 of the miles if not more. I was so proud of her (and me!).


Steve and Piper were able to join us and cheer us on at the finish line. It is so cool to see all the people lined up cheering everyone on! Piper was very disappointed that she couldn't run with us though!
Right now Presley says that she is NOT going to do this again next year. She has had some ankle issues but she would rather just run and not 'talk about feelings' like they do as part of the program. What a dork. I hope she changes her mind. I think it is motivating for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment