Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sleep? Where are you?

Presley is 2 weeks old now and she is spoiled. She likes to be held when she sleeps which makes is hard to get anything done and hard for me to sleep. We had her first dr's appt and she's already gained the weight that she lost in the hospital! When we left she was 5 lbs 7 oz and at her appt she was 5 lbs 13 oz....we think she's hit 6 lbs now. She lost her belly button last weekend and we made our first trip to the mall to find some smaller clothes for her to wear.

We also had our first blow out. At 4:30 in the morning I woke Steve up b/c I knew I wouldn't be able to change her without getting poop all over the place. It was all over her onesie and we couldn't figure out how to get the onesie over her head without getting her dirty! So we decided to cut it off of her! That's right, we got the scissors out! It was much easier that way.

Her eyes were a dark blue and I think they are slowing turning brown like Steve's. I was hoping for green eyes like me and my mom. She hates being naked and hates baths even more. It seems like pure torture to her, so she gets the quickest baths we can handle.

I've been doing okay, getting used to about 4 hours of sleep a night. Sometimes I get a nap in at night when Steve watches her or if I go to my mom's during the day. I'm slowly getting an appetite back, but still not eating as much as I should. I'm pretty happy that I'm back in my regular jeans and last time I checked I only had 5 more pounds to lose! :)

We are working on getting her to sleep in her crib and need to get her on a schedule before I go back to work so she is good for grandma! Time is already going too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment